My Delta Vacations educational trip to Maui was excellent. I visited several resorts and have up-to-the-minute information on the island, properties and activities. If you have not visited Maui yet here are a couple high level observations:
• Golf – Some of the best courses in the US.
• Families – Many resorts for families and offer classes just for kids where they can learn Hawaiian culture.
• Ka’anapali is like the Cancun strip of Maui.
• Wailea is the Riviera Maya of Maui (Not much night life)
• West side of the island has the best sunsets.
• Sunrise at Mt. Haleakala now needs reservation to drive to the crater due to the fact that guests were climbing rocks and going to areas they shouldn’t by having reservations it allows the parks division to be in more control and provide a better experience. Go to for reservations and updates: https://www.nps.gov/hale/planyourvisit/haleakala-sunrise-reservations.htm
• During Whale season from December thru April – NO Jet Ski rental is allowed in the channels (have clients ask before making reservations)
The properties I visited were; Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Sheraton Maui, The Kapalua Villas Condominiums, Wailea Beach Resort, Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominium, Ka’anapali Beach Hotel, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and my favorite the Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort .
The Andaz Maui is an amazing resort! They focus on details so there is no big lobby desk for check in, they bring it to you while you relax. They offer a standard of 301 rooms and 11 villas that include 2, 3 & 4 bedrooms. The resort fee is a little higher than some resorts at $45.00 per night, but the inclusions are well above the fee. Some of the inclusions are:
• GoPro Hero 4 Camera - unlimited use
• GoPro experience lab
• Daily Outrigger Canoe Excursions
• Snorkel equipment unlimited use
• Yoga and Pilates Classes
• Other fitness classes
• Single & Tandem Bikes/helmets
• Guided Kayak Tours
• Ukulele lessons
• Hula lessons
• Coconut Husking
• 45 minute beach portrait session includes a $50 Photo Credit.
• Lei making lessons
• Stand up paddle board lessons
• Mixology class with 2 drinks (twice a week)
• Unlimited use of body boards
*GoPros, stand-up paddleboard lessons, group kayak, outrigger canoe tours, fitness and yoga classes are subject to limited availability. See Concierge for details and to book.
They also offer several dining/paring options and these change like cocktail paring it’s a 3 course dinner with cocktails rather than wine. Luau is $150.00 per person and is 15 courses and open bar and will only seat about 150 – 175 passengers. Definitely a great value and more true experience. Chefs Tables are six courses with wine and cost varies depending on season.