Another great combination of golf and cruise. This was my sixth Azamara PerryGolf experience - its the best way to "play the game & see the world."
We booked the cruise in 2016 while on an Azamara Baltic sailing – excellent value for people with Le Club Voyage status – saved 7% off cruise and received a $200 shipboard credit. Cabin 4087 was a Club Continent Suite – 233SF cabin with 60SF veranda, includes private butler and specialty restaurants are complimentary.
The day-by-day itinerary can be viewed here:
We used Arabian Adventures to book pre and post cruise activities. They are a Signature Travel Network specialty land supplier and great to work with. The Shangri La Hotel in Dubai was quite nice – 15 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the pier. Excellent 4th floor rooftop bar called ikandy provided a perfect view of the Burj Khalifa and excellent food & drink. The private half-day tour of Dubai with Kim was well worth the time - so much to see and not much time. The VIP Burj Khalifa tickets to the Observation Deck skipped all the lines. The 2nd day in Dubai was a cultural walking tour of old Dubai – the spice and gold souks were a hoot.
• Yas Links – Abu Dhabi
• Saadiyat Beach Golf Club – Abu Dhabi
• Royal Golf Club – Bahrain
• Emirates Golf Club, Majlis Course –Dubai (my foursome and caddies in photo)
Arabian Adventures also booked the Al Maha for me – A Luxury Collection Desert Resort. The rooms were amazing with excellent views of wildlife. Several activities to choose from daily like horseback riding, nature walks, desert drives, falconry, camel trekking and spa. The food was also excellent.
• Emirates Golf Club, Majlis Course – Dubai – the PGA will play here in Jan of 2019.
• Desert Dune Buggies – Exclusive Buggie – cost was $160 USD pp included round trip transportation from Al Maha and 2 hours dune buggie ride – we could drive our own buggies!
• Desert Activities at Al Maha – 6:30am Falconry (we were able to hold the falcons) and Nature Walk.
• Camel Trek at Al Maha – 25 minute Trek from resort to dunes to watch the sunset with champagne – return by camel after sunset.
• The Spa treatments onboard Azamara and at Al Maha were excellent.