Miraval Resort & Spa has been on my bucket list for decades and it did not disappoint!
Miraval AZ is a perfect destination for active clients who enjoy hiking, biking, spa, all types of exercise and challenges. Accommodations range from regular 400SF guest rooms to sixteen new two and three bedroom villas (up to 3,000SF). The resort offers a variety of packages, with room and board, though alcohol is never included. The high rates are inclusive of Wi-Fi, activities, amenities, and parking.
I traveled with three friends and we were booked on their Girls Getaway package which provided a resort credit of $225 pp/night – this coupled with our Signature amenity of $100 gave us each $775 pp to spend on activities!
This is a copy of my day-by-day itinerary:
• Activities cannot be booked until 60-days prior and some sell out quickly. We did a conference call on Aug 27 to determine which ones we might want to do together – for the most part we did our own thing during the day and met for dinner around 7:30pm.
• The food was amazing – best vegetarian I have experienced. People may dine at the Cactus Flower Restaurant, the Palm Court Café or have a lovely meal delivered to their room.
• Stop on the way and buy any alcohol you might want, a glass of house wine was $27.
• Get out of your comfort zone and do things you cannot do at home! The Desert Tightrope experience was amazing: https://www.miravalarizona.com/experiences/activities/outdoor-adventures/challenge-course/
• Be sure and review the ‘daily schedule’ before planning your day-by-day itinerary – many classes and lectures are ‘walk-in’ at no charge.
• You will meet the most amazing people! Many people we met had been going to Miraval for years – lots of girlfriend getaways and mother-daughter trips.
• The guides were the best I have ever experienced – thoughtful, encouraging, diverse and fun!
• Cell phones may only be used in guest rooms and certain public areas as mindfulness is the core of the Miraval philosophy. They call it “Miraval Mode.”
This is an excellent experience for multi-generation adult families, girlfriend getaways, couples and corporate retreats. Yes, it’s expensive but it’s an experience you cannot find elsewhere unless it’s one of their other resorts (Austin or the Berkshires).