My experience in Turks & Caicos was amazing with Delta Vacations! We visited Wymara Resort and Villas,The Sands at Grace Bay, The Shore Club and The Palms.
The Sands at Grace Bay resort had a more condominium feel to the property. The rooms were very spacious with huge screened in balcony/patios with multiple pieces of furniture - loungers, table and chairs. This would be a great resort for families. With the three properties of The Shore Club, The Palms and The Sands you have signing privileges so it makes it easy to explore the other properties with no hassle. We have had several clients stay at The Sands at Grace Bay - all report a very positive experience.
• In December the resort will be 21 years old. Last soft good renovation was in 2016. Lobby has minor renovations currently moving the convenience store to the lobby. Vanities will be updated in Jan and Feb 2020.
• Hospitality room in case the rooms are not ready when you arrive.
• Spa for basic treatments but I would go to the Palms for the better spa experience.
• There are six buildings with building #3 being the closest to the beach and the better views. Only building #3 has an elevator, the rest do not. The other buildings are two-stories.
• Beautiful beach with plenty of lounge chairs. The are 21 Palapyas and they are all complimentary. There is beach service from Hemmingway and the prices are pretty reasonable for Turks.
• There are two small pools near a hot Tub in a tropical setting. This gives a lot of privacy. The larger main pool also has a kiddie pool and is the closest pool to the restaurant and the beach. There are also many lounge chairs at this pool.
This was a very “comfortable” resort. Not high end, but it did have nice furnishings. I think this would be a great option for multiple couples or a family that want the benefits of cooking.