In 2015 I traveled with Voyages to Antiquity. This is a very unique cruise line because it offers an opportunity to explore the history and culture of the different ports. And this is what they do and do it well. I think this would be a great cruise for History Buffs, Professors, Teachers, or anyone who is interested in History and Culture. I would love to go on this type of cruise again even though I am not a history buff.
Their philosophy is to create an experience that fulfills our passion for History, Cultures, and Natural wonders of the ancient world. An experience which unites the immeasurable benefits of small-ship cruising with enriching, destination-immersive itineraries designed to connect travelers with the fascinating chronicles of the past. I joined the cruise in Athens and cruised to Venice with pre and post hotel stays.
The ship is designed for passengers to mix and mingle so single people will be very comfortable on this ship sailing alone. I met two single passengers the first night a dinner. When you meet someone at dinner you will also be chatting with them the entire time you are on the ship!
Some of the unique aspects of Voyages to Antiquity:
- With all Voyages to Antiquity cruise your pre and post hotel s are included in your cruise package. The hotels are 4 or 5 star.
- Your shore excursions are included. Sometimes you will have a choice of two different ones.
- Open-seating dining in your choice of locations including the Marco Polo Restaurant or the Terrace Café.
- Wine is included with dinner every night.
- Gratuities are included.
- Many overnight ports of call.
- Very relaxed atmosphere, resort casual attire, no need to dress up
- Expert guest lecturer on board each cruise